Office 2,784 sq.m.
To Let - P.O.A.
Waterways House, Grand Canal Quay, Dublin 2, Dublin
Agency: Knight Frank
- 7 storey new modern office block overlooking Grand Canal Dock
- Comprising c.3 592 sq. m GIA / c. 2 784 sq. m. NIA
- In the heart of Dublin 2`s `Silicon Docks`
- Construction and design to LEED Gold rating
- Accessible via all forms of transportation
- Located adjacent to a variety of recreational and retail facilities
- 46 bicycle spaces
- Decked roof terrace located at penthouse level
- Completion Spring 2018
A high profile building with impressive glazed façade cantilevered over the Grand Canal Basin, Waterways House provides 7 floors of ultra-modern office space designed to accommodate occupier requirements from c.493 sq.m. to c.2,784 sq.m. in an unrivalled Waterfront setting.
Located in Dublin`s Silicon Docks, you will be in good company beside many leading international companies such as Accenture, Airbnb, BT, Citi, Facebook, Google, HSBC, Kennedy Wilson, Matheson, McCannFitzgerald, Three, Twitter, Stripe and State Street.The building which is located immediately across the Dock to the ongoing Boland`s Quay redevelopment and is situated off Barrow Street, Dublin 4 and will enjoy a predominantly glazed aspect onto the Grand Canal Dock. All modes of transport are readily available and within easy reach making the location one of the most connected Dublin city has to offer.
Waterways House will comprise a gross internal floor area of approx. 3,592 sq.m. (c.38,600 sq ft.)/ NIA 30,000 sq.ft over 7 floors. Individual floor plate sizes will vary from approx. 240 sq.m. (c.2,580 sq.ft.) to approx.593 sq.m. (approx. 6,380 sq.ft.).
Waterways House has been designed by Dublin Architects Smith + Kennedy. Some of the many and unique features of Waterways House will include full glazed panels overlooking the Grand Canal Dock, and Krion external wall panels which will create a beautiful bright and seamless affect and the highest specification internal office finishes in keeping with the most modern and efficient office fit outs. The design and construction of waterways House is to LEED gold certificate standard. Waterways House is due for completion in Spring 2018.
• Means of Escape – 1 person per 5 sq.m.
• Internal Climate – 1 person per 8 sq.m.
• Sanitary Provision – 1 person per 10 sq.m.
• Toilet ratio – 60% male & 60% female provision to BS6465-1 2006.
• Reception floor to ceiling – 3.4m generally.
• Office floor to ceiling – 2.75m generally.
• Raised floor zone – nominal 150mm (top of structural slab to top of raised access floor tile).
• Structure – 240mm structural slab zone generally (on primary steel structure).
• Office Floors – 4.0 kN/sq.m (+ 1 kN per sq.m partitions).
• Lift Lobby & Toilet Areas – 5.0 kN/sq.m.
• External Terrace at 6th Floor – 5.0 kN/sq.m.
• Plant Rooms – 7.5 kN/sq.m.
• Areas of Roof on top of penthouse & plant areas – 1.5 kN/sq.m.
• Bicycle Storage & Shower Areas 5.0 kN/sq.m.
The structure is a steel frame with lateral stability provided by the concrete core walls. The structure is supported on pile caps and capping beams which are supported on piles. The basement is retained by a secant pile wall. All of the substructure and the ground floor slab are made from cast insitu concrete. All other floors are made from precast concrete wideslabs with concrete topping. The roof penthouse is a steel structure with lateral stability provided by a combination of steel bracing and the concrete walls. The penthouse is set back to create a generous terrace at 6th floor.
The façade is composed of a palette of premium quality materials consisting of high performance glass, solid surface rainscreen cladding and brick elements.
Floors 1-5 cantilever out over the Grand Canal Basin to form a spectacular glazed façade comprising of three planes of glass. These panes tilt through three different axes, horizontal, vertical and diagonal producing a set of slightly differing reflections of water, buildings and sky.
A decked roof terrace is located at penthouse level and a green roof contributes to the LEED aspirations for the building.
INTERNAL OFFICE FINISHES
• Walls – Emulsion painted dry lining.
• Floors –600mm x 600mm raised access flooring medium duty.
• Columns – Intumescent painted steel.
• Ceilings – Metal suspended ceiling system with an emulsion painted plasterboard margin at the interface with the external glazed façade.
STAIRCORE / LOBBIES
• Walls – Emulsion painted dry lining.
• Floors – Carpet tiles and sheet flooring material.
• Ceilings – Emulsion painted plasterboard.
• Doors to cores – Real wood veneered with pyron vision panels in high quality satinwood painted frame.
• Walls – Large format ceramic wall tiles.
• Floors – Large format ceramic floor tiles.
• Ceilings – Metal suspended ceiling system.
• Doors – Timber door sets finished in high quality satinwood finish.
• WC Cubicles –Premium quality high pressure laminate cubicle system, internal dividing walls and rear access system.
• Vanity unit – Solid surface vanity worktop incorporating wash hand basins. Full width bespoke mirror over, premium quality hand driers.
• Sanitary ware – Wall mounted WC pans and urinals with concealed cisterns.
4 no. shower rooms including an accessible shower room.
LEED & BER
The building is targeting LEED Gold Standard.
• Step-free access is provided to the office accommodation from the external and internal circulation spaces.
• Accessible WCs are provided on every level.
• An accessible WC & Shower room is provided at first floor level.
• Bicycle spaces – 46 secure spaces located at basement level with lift access.
MECHANICAL & ELECTRICAL
• The full Mechanical & Electrical Specification is available on request.
• The lift installation consists of 2 No. 8 person 630 kg lifts to the main core complete with a high quality lift car finish and a 8 person firefighting lift to the secondary core.
• The building`s heating and cooling to the tenant areas is delivered via a 4 pipe FCU solution located within the celling void.